Monday, December 12, 2011

Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Stew with Bulgur


Driving home after a long day, I surprisingly got the urge to cook something from scratch. I was in a chicken and artichoke mood, so I started there and wandered around the grocery store. I ended up with just a few ingredients to add to what I already had at home and I was ready to go. The result is a full and delicious stew put over a bed of bulgur wheat. I am proud to say that this recipe is completely original!

Ingredients:
-1 lb. chicken breast thinly sliced
-2 cups baby spinach (regular bag full)
-1 14.5oz can quartered artichoke hearts
-1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes (plain or flavor of your choice)
-1 can tomato paste
-4 tbs lemon juice
-2 tbs balsamic vinegar
-1.5 tsp minced garlic
-1 tbs honey
-heavy dash cinnamon
-light dash oregano
-light dash ginger
-heavy dash cumin

-1 cup dry bulgur wheat

Directions:
-Cook chicken breast in lemon juice in large pot
-Chop chicken
-Add garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar, spices and let simmer for a few minutes
-Add artichoke and diced tomatoes and let simmer for a few minutes
-Add spinach 1/2 cup at a time (giving it time to shrink down)
-Let mixture simmer for a few minutes then set aside
-In a small pot, cook up bulgur wheat
-Serve chicken, spinach, artichoke mixture over bulgur wheat

Serves 4

This recipe is just bursting with flavor. I love it and I'm pretty proud of it! Feel free to experiment with other ingredients. Let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews